Our curriculum is built upon our Catholic Ethos and Values
which enable children to grow and work
together knowing that God is with them in all that they do. We aim to work with parents
in the formation
of their children so that each child becomes:
- A learned and wise individual who is curious about the world and active in their lives and in their learning.
- A good citizen of the world, hopeful and faith-filled in their beliefs – a child who is both intentional and prophetic in their minds and actions.
- A generous, grateful, truthful and eloquent citizen who is able to live life to the glory of God and the good of the world.
- A responsible, individual who is healthy in mind and body, resilient, confident, reflective and resourceful.
We have a curriculum that:
- Is based on high aspirations for all.
- Supports the pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Inspires our children and promotes a love of learning through a knowledge rich curriculum with excellent outcomes for all.
- Is carefully constructed to enable children to build on previous knowledge cumulatively developing firm foundations for further learning
- develops children's megacognition
- Our Catholic virtues and British Values are at the heart of the curriculum which celebrates diversity and utilises the skills, knowledge and cultural wealth of the community.
- Develops concepts over time to empower children to be responsible, accountable and respectful stewards for the world that God has created for us all.
- Uses spaced learning, low risk quizzes, knowledge organisers and a focus on learning key facts through learning experiences.
- Enables children to use, apply and reason, not just reel off unrelated facts.